Content Quality Guideline
We believe that talents and companies should match based on shared vision, passion, and values; rather than simple salary and benefits.
To showcase your company’s passion to talents through your job posts, here are the guidelines to follow. We’ve also included some tips and best practices to help make your next superstar hire!
If your job posts fail to adhere to these guidelines, our quality assurance team will contact you.
Common to All Contents
For all contents including job posts, meetups, and feed posts, please refrain from taking the following actions.
- Include details like salary/wage and benefits (we want you to find talents, who are aligned with your mission and values and not simply motivated by salary and benefits)
- Add images or any content containing violence, nudity, partial nudity, discrimination, unlawfulness, infringement, pornography or sexual suggestiveness
- Include third-party email addresses or phone numbers
1. Cover photo
Visuals play an important role in capturing users' attention. Use engaging photos for your job posts to showcase your company’s culture!
- Capture your team members in their daily interactions
- Showcase your office space - after all, that’s where your team spends most of your week
- Feature your team at events, team bonding activities, etc.
- Show your product or service
- The resolution of the photo is at least 1980x1320px
- Text or company logo takes up more than 30% of the cover photo
- Images with inappropriate content
- The resolution of the photo falls below 1980x1320px
Be creative when it comes to your job post’s headline. You can even think of it as a blog title. By thinking out-of-the-box for your headline, you can share more about your company’s culture and vision, which will help attract more ralevant talent!
Include the role AND a fun fact (it can be related to your company’s ission, certain qualities you’re looking for in the candidates, etc.). For example:
⋅⋅⋅ We’re looking for Accountants with a go-getting attitude! Are you the one?
⋅⋅⋅ Be part of our Y Combinator-backed team as our next Customer Success Star!
The headline contains only the name of the position. For example:
⋅⋅⋅ Software Engineer
⋅⋅⋅ Business development wanted
Typical job posts include a list of requirements. NOT ON WANTEDLY! Try to share beyond the requirements and the job scope that you would typically list. It’s all about attracting the right candidates, who not only will fill the role but also will fit in with your company’s culture.
- Fill out the ‘What, Why, and How’ sections on your company page - it’s important for the candidate to understand what your company stands for; beyond your product or service
⋅⋅⋅ The ‘What’ should describe the product or service your company provides
⋅⋅⋅ The ‘Why’ should describe the mission that drives your team to do what they do everyday
⋅⋅⋅ The ‘How’ should describe the steps you’re currently taking to achieve the ultimate vision of your company
⋅⋅⋅ You just have to fill these sections once - they will automatically update for all job posts that you publish!
- Add a photo and fill out the introduction on your Admin profile. Every job post features ‘Company Members’ and having more complete Company Member profiles leads to a higher engagement of more relevant talent for your company
- Focus on the impact that the role will have to your company’s mission
- Showcase how the future candidate will work together with the other members of your company
Please note: There may be exceptions to this guideline in case of conflicts with local law and policies.
To maintain a fair and open community on Wantedly, please keep the following rules in mind when creating, publishing, and distributing your Feed posts.
- Do not use content or images licensed as non-commercial in your Feed posts. Please ensure that the images you use do not violate any copyright or licensing; we recommend using Unsplash or Pexels. All ideas and images shared must be original. If an idea/image came from a third party, they must be properly credited.
- Your Feed post must include a cover image uploaded with the optimal photo resolution of at least 1980x1320px, and a recommended aspect ratio of 3:2.
- All content posted on Feed must be compliant to the laws governed by the laws of your country and must not be derogatory in nature, or painting any person or business in a negative light.
- Be wary of grammatical or spelling errors; we recommend Grammarly to proofread your writing.
1. For Users
Wantedly Feed exists for all types of storytellers, career explorers and thinkers, with stories covering topics related to career and related passion projects. If you have an idea or story to share respectfully, it’s welcome to be published in our Feed community!
- All written content on Wantedly's Feed should be relevant, substantial and informative with regards to career and related passion projects. Your Feed article should not be rehashing the information found on your Wantedly profile. Instead, you may utilise the “Self Introduction” section on your profile to provide a summary of your work experience.
- You may not sell advertising in or on your content. Feed articles should not exist with the predominant purpose of driving traffic to an external website, business, or product.
- If you have received compensation, free goods/services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
2. For Companies
Wantedly Feed exists for you to share your company’s voice and story. Your Feed is unique to your company and your company alone. It’s the perfect platform for you to strengthen your employer branding across the world by revealing your team culture like never before.
- A Feed post cannot be a Job Post or Meetup Event; however, once a Job Post and/or Meetup Event is published, it is able to be directly linked to the Feed post. The Feed post is able to cover topics related to the Job Post (i.e. A Day in the Life of our Marketing Manager), Meetup Event (i.e. Get to Know Our Power Lineup of Inspiring Founders for Our Upcoming Event), or overall company-related content such as weekly updates, major announcements, etc.
- You may not sell or advertise any products or services.
- You may not create a Feed post for the sole purpose of driving readers to external channels except your company’s website.
Wantedly reserves the right to review posts or accounts at any time and/or remove from Feed any content that violates the above-stated rules, or Wantedly's general rules, at our own discretion. We will also take into account factors like the context, newsworthiness, the nature of the posted contents and applicable laws in respective countries before deciding to remove the contents.
For any questions or assistance, or if you are unsure why your content was removed, please contact our Quality Assurance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org